We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Millie's Voice - Life At My House


 


As I open my eyes I see mama sleeping in her big bed next to mine, I am so glad I get to be close to her and daddy. 

Sometimes at night I play a trick and ask to sleep in their bed with them, but I never stay long.  I like my own bed with my monkey, bear, pink blankie, and the soft pillowcase.  I snuggle under my Daniel Tiger blanket that someone made for me.

As I call out to mama this morning, she gets up to unhook my nutrition. I have a funny little button on my belly that daddy hooks me up to every night before bed.  One night I looked down at my belly and it was glowing!  That was a funny surprise!

Wearing my fuzzy pajama pants, I head to the kitchen for breakfast.  I don’t eat much but I always ask daddy if I can share his eggs.  He tries to make me an egg for myself, but it is not as good.  I just want to eat his, off his plate, with his fork.  Next mama makes a pot of coffee.  When she pours her cup, she gets the tiny baby cup out for me.  I don’t really like coffee, but I like to share with mama.

When brother wakes up we start fussing.  We chase each other around the table and through the house.  Usually, he is trying to kiss me!  He really likes me.  We have been best friends forever. He lets me ride on his back like a horsy, but he is so gentle I don’t fall off very often.  When I get mad at him I sometimes bite him really hard!

I am ready to go outside to play.  I run to find boots, either my mud boots or brother’s green boots will work.  Maybe he won’t notice that I took his again!  My big sister takes me out to play on the swing.  She will push me high in the sky.  Usually, brother gets on too since he is still little.  Next, we jump on the trampoline, then go to play on the patio together.  These two are my friends!

After a while, my other older sisters will wake up.  They are teenagers.  The older one likes to make funny dancing videos with me.  She also lets me help her cook pancakes.  She babysits me when mama has to leave. 

The next sister likes to watch funny videos on YouTube with me. I think I like the one about rolled ice cream the best.  That looks yummy!  I often get mad and even yell at her.  I always tell her sorry.  I know I’m not supposed to be mean to her.

My next sister takes me for rides on the 4-wheeler.  She tells me all her secrets because she knows I won’t tell.  I don’t actually understand most of it, but I do listen.  We snuggle and take funny face pictures.  We watch movies and string bead bracelets together. 

I wish my big brother would come visit my house.  He is married and has a baby. I sometimes call him on his phone and ask, “Will you come?  Bring your baby so we can play together.  Will you come back?”  I sure love him and his family!

Some days my biggest brother is home from work and will let me in his room to visit him.  I like to sit on his bed, eat his candy, and talk to him.  Even though he is big like mama and dad, he is a lot more fun than they are.  He chases me around the table, and we yell as loud as we can while we run.  I sure love it when he is at home.

I have lots of people in my family.  My biggest sister lives far away but I look at her picture on the wall in our living room. I also have grandmas, grandpas, nieces, and nephews, though I don’t know what all that means.  I just like when they all come to play with me. 

After lunch, mama makes me take a nap in my bed.  She closes the dark curtains and turns on my lullaby music.  Sometimes I fuss that I don’t want to go to sleep, but I do it anyway.  I am not sure what the other kids do when I sleep but the house sounds quiet. 

When nap time is over we play playdoh and kitchen toys and Pet Shops.  I like all those little toys.  We make big messes with them.

My favorite thing to do is help daddy with the farm.  He lets me ride in his orange tractor and help him drive.  It is really big, but I sit on his lap.  We feed the animals, our cows, horses, llama, chickens, and rabbits. 

Sometimes I help him paint the tiny house he is building beside our barn.  He lets me get messy, but it is so much fun. 

I am so glad I have a family to live with.  I sure love each of them.  It’s bedtime now.  Mama cleans me up, then she rocks me until I ask to get in my bed.  We both think it’s the best part of the day!

***This series is written from the voice or perspective of Millie, our 3-year-old daughter who was diagnosis with Stage 4, Neuroblastoma childhood cancer.  Millie battled for her life for one year, leaving us for heaven in 2020.  Due to her young age, I can only imagine how life felt to her. She was very articulate at 3, but her story is based off of what I observed as her mama.  Millie is missed every day and still so very loved.  We grieve but not without the hope of seeing her in heaven. ***

 

 

 

~Sharing awareness, because of Millie~  

 

Blessings sweet friends…

     
。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:・゚
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚
     

#MilliesMiracle

#ChildhoodCancer

#Neuroblastoma

 

#MoreThen4


#Childloss

#Forever3

#WithJesus

#WhileWeAreWaiting

#AGrievingMama

 

#LifeAfterLoss

#Siblinggrief

 

#MilliesVoiceSeries


No comments:

Post a Comment