We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Monday, November 29, 2021

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 29


The first day back to school after a long Thanksgiving break had the potential to be hard. Gratefully, the children were very cooperative and worked hard this morning.
After lunch we spent the afternoon hand washing the dishes (newly purchased dishwasher is broken!), then we decorated the house for Christmas.
The children worked on hanging all the ornaments except the few keepsakes that I reserve the right to hang. Handmade bread dough ornaments from my grandma, our snowmen made from fingerprints, and our yearly “family name” ornaments.
The rest of the room we decorated in snowmen. We don’t get much snow in Oklahoma but that doesn’t keep us from enjoying some friendly snowmen.











This year I took a tiny white tree, battered and squashed from our keepsake box. I couldn’t put it out in 2020, the owner wasn’t here to enjoy it. This year however I fluffed the branches, straightened the silver ball ornaments and the strand of lights that tiny little hands placed there two years ago. As I placed the star on the top, I remembered how much Millie loved her “twinkle twinkle little star”. This tree was given to her by a very special group of women who were known by the name 10 Strong.
The #10Strong Moms were a group of mothers whose children had fought cancer. Some lived and thrived, many did not, but each mom chose to bring joy back to the 10th floor after their child’s cancer journey ended. Every holiday these precious women would bring everything you needed to celebrate even though you were stuck in a hospital bed.
I don’t know if any of the moms will see this, but ladies I’m grateful for YOU. For the investment of time, money, and energy you put into our children. I’m also grateful for the memories you gave us in 2019 as Millie got to decorate her tree AND the memories I got to reflect on as I decorated her tree this year. You made a difference!
Blessings sweet friends…
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵
☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
☆。・:*:・゚ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment