We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

It is all in how we respond

 


Sometimes I feel like Eeyore, the famous donkey from Winnie the Pooh.
I moan and groan, focusing on all the negatives in life and complaining about them.
Other times I feel like Polly Anna, a girl who sees everything as rosy and bright, with no care in the world.
How can those two stark opposites both reside in my life?
Two words really...
Sin and Conviction.
The emotions themselves are not the sin, rather it is how I respond to them. If I choose to hold tight to my discouragement and disappointments... If I choose to see the bad... If I chose to be ungrateful...or angry...or bitter.
That’s SIN.
When I get convicted that my heart is not right, I have to choose to take those negative gloomy thoughts captive and speak TRUTH over them. I have to decide to believe God’s word over my own feelings. I have to choose to find something to be grateful for in the middle of the storm.
That’s where Polly Anna comes in... she sometimes gets accused of being fake. She slaps on a smile, talks in her singsong voice, and looks at the world through a happier lens. Is she for real?? Or is she choosing to take the pain she has and use it for a greater purpose? I choose to believe it is the latter.
I want to see the pot of gold at the end of the proverbial rainbow AND I want to remember the promise behind the real ones.
I want to be an encourager AND I want to be the one that will point you to who encourages me.
I want to tell you the about my favorite book, the amazing hero, and who wins in the final scene.
I want to point you to Jesus.
Blessings sweet friends,
Polly Anna aka Millie’s Mama
“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:5
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵
☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
☆。・:*:・゚ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment