We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Friday, October 29, 2021

I’m okay... wait maybe I’m not...

 

It’s windy in Oklahoma this week.
No I mean REALLY WINDY!
Wind gust have been up to 55 mph the last two days.
A local area school was closed today due to wind damage. That’s strong winds!
I stopped by to “see” Millie this morning after I dropped the girls off at their school. It was just after sunrise. The sky had dark clouds tinged in brilliant pink and oranges. I had in mind that the decorations on her grave might be blown away from the wind. A few were, although most were in place. I retrieved one of her vase flower pics from the fence line. The graves around us were in worse shape with benches blown over and flowers blown everywhere. It’s sad when our sentiments of love for our family are tossed and tattered. Our last opportunity to show their importance to us—to honor them and the wind ruthlessly rips it away much as death did to our loved ones.
This morning as I straightened the flowers and the tears fell, I reminded God again how I trust him, yet how hard it is to understand how a tiny precious girl could be called home so early in her life. Tears turn to sobs as my grief poured out there over her earthly body. As I climbed in my car I decided the only thing I could be thankful about in the grief walk today was that I got the time to tell her goodbye. Her death wasn’t a surprise like many of my friends children. We had weeks to sit and wait. Each agonizing day held an unspoken question of, “today?”
I have continued throughout this day, tears have ebbed and flowed but that’s okay. It’s a reflection of walking in grief...
Tears... I’m okay... wait maybe I’m not... laughing as I remember something funny she did... a knot in my chest as I look at her picture... a tear running down my cheek... being okay again... All on repeat...
The “hope of heaven” comes with the assurance that every tear will be wiped away.
Blessings sweet friends…
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵
☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
☆。・:*:・゚ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment