We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Was I Chosen for This Trial?

 



I am frustrated with a certain phrase I frequently hear about God. This phrase tries to bring peace, but in reality it brings heartache to hurting people.

“𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 ‘𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒏’ 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒍”
No…NO…NO! Where is the comfort in believing that I was chosen to bear heartache? That God chose me to birth and then lay my child down in a painful death.
I DO NOT question the sovereignty of GOD.
I do NOT question that he has the RIGHT to send things into my life.
I do BELIEVE that every trial I walk through can be used for his glory.
What I DO NOT believe is that he ‘CHOSE’ me to receive the trials. We live in a fallen world full of heartache. That is SIN. The trials come from the sin and the consequences of sin. Do not mistake that I said my sin caused Millie’s cancer OR that your sin caused your child to die. Not at all!
𝗝𝗲𝘀𝘂𝘀 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗻 𝗕𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗱
“𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝘀 𝗝𝗲𝘀𝘂𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝘆, 𝗛𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝘄 𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗛𝗶𝘀 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗶𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝘀𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗛𝗶𝗺, “𝗥𝗮𝗯𝗯𝗶, 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗱, 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗱?” 𝗝𝗲𝘀𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱, “𝗡𝗲𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗻𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗱, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗚𝗼𝗱 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝗺.”
- 𝗝𝗼𝗵𝗻 𝟵: 𝟭-𝟯
When sin entered the world, our bodies started to decay. We were no longer eternal beings. Every day brought us one step closer to death. Each generation takes us farther away from the perfect genes of Adam and Eve and leads us to the frailer bodies we are today.
“𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲, 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗶𝗻 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘀𝗶𝗻, 𝘀𝗼 𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗲𝗻, 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗱.”
- 𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝟱:𝟭𝟮
Some will argue that in the book of Esther that scripture says she was ‘chosen’ for a trial.
“𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚, 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙅𝙚𝙬𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧’𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙝. 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙧𝙤𝙮𝙖𝙡 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨?” - 𝙀𝙨𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 4:14
I don’t read this passage to say that she was ‘CHOSEN’ rather that her uncle Mordecai was telling her that we do not know if you were placed in this position for this time, but if you do not use your position that God will raise up someone else to bring deliverance to the Jews. IF Esther were simply CHOSEN, then she would have no choice in the matter but to be the deliverer. Scripture is clear that she had to make a choice herself.
As the trials come and we respond by making the choice to lean on our Lord for support and guidance, our faith in his goodness deepens. Our faith then grows as we persevere. This matures us in our faith.
“𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘁 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗷𝗼𝘆, 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀, 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘀, 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗱𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝘀 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲. 𝗔𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸, 𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝗯𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲, 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴.” - 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝟭: 𝟮-𝟰
We can expect to have troubles in this less than perfect world. Scripture tells us:
“𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨, 𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙚. 𝙄𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚. 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩! 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙.” - 𝙅𝙤𝙝𝙣 16:33
But look at the end of that verse… TAKE HEART! Jesus has overcome the world. He is a loving and good GOD. He cares for us and our heartaches.
Please never tell someone walking through trauma that God chose them for this. There is nothing comforting about simply being a pawn that God placed here to bring trial and heartache into their life. Instead, there is great comfort in knowing that our Father in heaven LOVES us so much that he sent his son for our SALVATION!
𝗘𝘇𝗲𝗸𝗶𝗲𝗹 𝟯𝟰:𝟭𝟮 “𝗔𝘀 𝗮 𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗽𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸, 𝘀𝗼 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗠𝘆 𝗳𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸. 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗰𝘂𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀.”
𝗠𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘄 𝟭𝟴:𝟭𝟭 “𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁.”
𝗝𝗼𝗵𝗻 𝟯:𝟭𝟳 “𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗚𝗼𝗱 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗛𝗶𝘀 𝗦𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗛𝗶𝗺.”
𝟭 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗵𝘆 𝟭:𝟭𝟱 “𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁𝘄𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗵𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗵𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲: 𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝗝𝗲𝘀𝘂𝘀 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘀, 𝗼𝗳 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗺 𝗜 𝗮𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝘀𝘁.”
***I am not a great Bible scholar. There are many people that will disagree with what I have written, and I understand that. There are people who do not believe that we get any choice in the matter. I do not see that in scripture and so I cannot write that. If you want to correct my thinking or believe you see something I do not, please private message me. I am always willing to pray over scripture to see if God will open my eyes to something I am overlooking. ***
Blessings sweet friends…
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment