We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Resting in Him

 My head knows and my heart believes, but somedays the heaviness is still there.  It pushes down on my body making my shoulders droop and my spirit drag.  The disappointments of this world are strong.  The losses are real, and the cost is heavy.  My soul cries out for deliverance and my spirit longs for the day of heaven when our burdens cease.  


Much of my night was spent wrestling with problems, praying and asking God for direction.  I felt like Jacob as he wrestled with the Lord, yet my wrestling was not with God himself.  More it was a match between my hopes and dreams being dashed with worldly struggles.  No matter how many times I laid back down, sleep was elusive.  I finally sat in my recliner and did the blind choosing of just opening my Bible and allowing the Lord to direct me to what scriptures to read.  The Psalms and words like “Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.” Psalms 90:14 jumped from the pages.


It led me to praying through Psalms 91…  

𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒅𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒇 𝑳𝒐𝒓𝒅. 

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒈𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝑰 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕. 

𝑪𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔. 

𝑮𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒈𝒆. 𝑩𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕. 

𝑻𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕. 

𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔. 𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒖𝒔. 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑰 𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒍𝒆𝒅𝒈𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆. 

𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒖𝒑𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖…𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆. 

𝑩𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆, 𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆. 

𝑺𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒔𝒇𝒚 𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏.


Do you pray through God’s word?  Do you read it and change his word into prayers to ask of him?  When my heart is heavy, his word is a balm to ease the burden. It reminds me that God is bigger than my present-day problems, yet he sees me and cares about the struggles I walk through.  He knows the desires of my heart and the disappointments when I have to lay them down.  


As I settled in my chair so late at night, I dozed off finally. Then as clear and sweet Millie's voice rang out in my mind. "Thank you taking care of me BYE!" I remember the tears running down my cheeks and the sobs rising. My job taking care of Millie is done. I did the best I knew how, succeeded in some places, and failed in others. I couldn't heal her but could only support her as she received her heavenly healing. It reminds me that I need to stand with open palms... hands turned up to God, not gripping tightly the things and desires of this world but rather in submission to 'not my will but thine'. My job of physically taking care of my adult children is done. My job of taking care of my teens is close to complete. My job to care for my littles is still going if only for another few years. However, my job to PRAY never ceases. A mama needs to spend so many hours covering her family in prayer.  My heart longs to have answers that fix the issues our children will face in their live.  To go to battle and win the fight, and yet so often my place is simply quiet prayer and trust.  





As we enter this new school year and again have so many changes, I pray the Lord gives wisdom to face the day-to-day challenges we will encounter.  I pray that he will impart a knowledge of where to speak and where to be silent.  I pray he reminds me that all things will work out for his glory if I love him.  


𝑰 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒎. 



Blessings sweet friends…


。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

I still believe in Millie’s Miracle

。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆

︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵


#MilliesMiracle


#ChildhoodCancer


#Neuroblastoma


#Childloss


#Forever3


#WithJesus


#WhileWeAreWaiting


#Anotherdaycloser   


#AGrievingMama


No comments:

Post a Comment