We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Friday, August 20, 2021

𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙂𝙤𝙙 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙨...

 

𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙂𝙤𝙙 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙨, 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙣𝙙?

 

 

I was reminded yesterday about someone who touched my life…and Millie’s life… the day she was diagnosed with cancer.  I don’t know the young woman’s name, nor even remember her face honestly, but her actions speak of a true believer of Christ.

 

 

After a long day at Children’s hospital where we had just heard the words, “I’m sorry it looks like Amelia has cancer”.  Our hearts were broken, our minds overwhelmed as Millie and I climbed in our car and started for home. Because we had not been able to get much food into her that day, we pulled into a local fast-food restaurant.  Daddy and Millie stayed in the car while I ran inside.  I am not sure what my face conveyed that day, but I slightly remember the confusion that crossed my brain as the cashier asked to take my order.  She tried to clarify her question and I broke down.  I told her how sorry I was that I just didn’t understand.  Then I dropped the bomb that had so recently blown my world apart.  I shared, “I was just told my baby has cancer”.  As the tears started flowing, the cashier graciously asked if it would be alright for her to pray with me…right there at the register.  I agreed and this young woman, probably a college student from the Christian college across the street, took my hand and offered the most peace filled and beseeching prayer for Millie and our family.  A prayer that calmed my fears, embraced my ache, and focused my thoughts.

 

 

That prayer was a glimpse of God showing up in an unlikely place to remind me that he sees me.  My sorrow is not lost to him.  Even when I don’t realize it, he is ever waiting to be my comforter—often through another who is willing to be his hands and feet.  After praying for me, she finished my order and then handed it to me with the kind words, “There is no charge, I am buying it for you”.  For that meal she likely worked 1-2 hours and yet she so freely gave it away to us. 

 

 

Has God prompted you to be a giver?

 

 

Have you heeded his call?  Did you turn and walk away?  Were you filled with regret at the lost opportunity? 

 

 

I’m sure I have done every one of these.  I fully believe that when I heed his call, not only am I a blessing, but often am the one encouraged by the person I am serving. 

 

 

However there have been times I have been prompted…   times I was too busy, felt awkward, or even was just too distracted to see a need in others.  Times in my life when I later reflected back that Jesus had given me the perfect timing, yet I chose to go my own way.  May God forgive me when I place myself above doing his will.

 

 

𝗗𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝗴𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀, 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗯𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁. ~𝗛𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗲𝘄𝘀 𝟭𝟯:𝟮 

 

 

I wonder how many times in my life I have neglected to answer the call and have instead missed serving angels, unaware of the blessings we both missed out on.   

 


 

For the sake of clarity, I need to share that I believe angels are God’s ministering servants. They are not, nor have ever been a person.  My sweet Millie while angelic in her innocence, is not an angel in heaven.  Scripture never points us to a place were people become angels.  I also do not know if I have ever ‘entertained angels’ here on earth, but I do know that the same scripture can be applied to ‘show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained (people who are a tremendous blessing) without knowing it. Don’t miss out on a blessing, by missing your chance to be a blessing.   

 

 

 

Blessings sweet friends…

 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚

I still believe in Millie’s Miracle

。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚

 

#MilliesMiracle

 

#ChildhoodCancer

 

#Neuroblastoma

 

#Childloss

 

#Forever3

 

#WithJesus

 

#WhileWeAreWaiting

 

#Anotherdaycloser  

 

#AGrievingMama

 



No comments:

Post a Comment