We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mother's Day 2022 - What they taught me


 

There is a lot to say about motherhood on Mother’s Day.

 

First off, I want to shout out to my Momma.  Telling her how grateful I am that she gave me life so many years ago.  I am thankful for all the things she has taught me through the years. The unconditional love she extends to me.  The way she thinks higher of me than I know to be true.  I am blessed to call her my mom.

 

Next, I want to thank my Mother-in-Law for raising my husband to be such a good man.  Her investment into his life caused him to be a blessing into mine. 

  

Finally, I need to recognize the MANY kids that call me Mama.  Each one has brought me both joy and sorrow.  Each one has caused my heart to swell with pride and caused it to tremble in fear. Each child has a direct line straight to my heart both to fill it with love, but also to hurt it so easily.  I’m sharing both sides of my motherhood journey because I have come to realize something important.  Each child has come to me to teach me something.  You see all this time I thought I was given these children to mold and shape. I was sure that I was the trainer and the director, yet often I was frustrated when they didn’t seem to follow the path I set forth. 

 

Reality is that God knew my weakest spots. He knew where I needed challenged and refined. He picked the perfect kids for my family that would be like iron sharpening me daily. (or wearing me out depending on how you look at it—Ha!)

 

One child caused me to gain fortitude for the battle.  Knowing how to challenge me and to see if I meant what I said.  I have spent years trying to remember the lessons taught by this one. 

 

The next one taught me to loosen up and not be so rigid, that life did not have to be so many unbendable rules and set in stone policies.

 

Another taught me that orderliness makes things run smoother. Even when I can’t achieve it, I look to how much smoother life runs when I can.

 

One knew that following the rules can be a good thing, yet they also need to have a good basis for the rule to make sense.

 

Then there is the one who thinks big, and dreams bigger.  This one can see the fun in life that I might miss as I run through my day.

 

One child sees self-accomplishment and goals as a means to self-care. Not needing to be motivated by others but instead taking charge and reaching the dreams that are important. 

 

Another child taught me to find joy in the learning. To want to know things because they are fun.

 

Then the child who taught me that no matter how frustrated you get, you can always stop and hug it off.  Physical affection ranks high for this one and for mama too.

 

Finally, my littlest one, Millie taught me many things in her three short years.  She taught me that we can find strength when we don’t know we have it and don’t want to find it.  She taught me that you can still be brave while you are scared to death. She modeled how to love big, laugh loud, and live life to the fullest.  Then, as she went to heaven, she taught me that life is so short, and I shouldn’t take it for granted. 

 

Yes, Motherhood was meant to teach me the many things I needed to know about life. 

 

I hope somewhere in the process my kids picked up something good from me, but if not, be rest assured I learned a lot from being their mama.

 

Thank you Jesus for each of my 9 children!

 

 

~Telling Christ’s story {Because of Millie} 

 

Blessings sweet friends…

    
。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:・゚
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚
    

#MilliesMiracle #ChildhoodCancer #Neuroblastoma #MoreThen4 #Childloss #Forever3 #WithJesus #WhileWeAreWaiting #AGrievingMama #LifeAfterLoss #siblinggrief

No comments:

Post a Comment