We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Friday, October 1, 2021

Those Random Questions




𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬?

Do you listen to their answers with interest?
I do!
Today I asked Little Man, “So what do you think?”
He first responded about something he had just heard announced on the radio, “I think we should go mom”.
I didn’t know he was listening that closely. Next he said, “I sometimes am mad.”
“What do you do with that feeling?”
“Mom everyone gets mad sometimes. I go to my room, lay in my bed and try to let it go.”
“What are you mad about?” I asked him.
“I’m mad Millie died.” (LM)
“Are you mad at her for dying or just mad that she did?”
“I’m not mad at her, just mad she didn’t grow up. I always wanted to give her a piggyback ride but she was never ready” (LM)
I told him, “ I understand that. I am not mad she died I guess because I know everyone dies sometime. I am sad that she died so early in life”.
Then in true childhood fashion our conversation was over. He went on to tell me about a game he liked.
That is the way a child processes. Simply, randomly, and in their timing. I learn so much listening to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment