We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Thursday, July 29, 2021

A Time to Write

 I have been writing a lot in the morning time this summer. Some days it’s for this page or my blog, but other times it has been articles that I have sold for publication. I never set out to be a writer, and actually my high school journalism teacher never gave me a good grade for anything I submitted to her. It is funny how others opinions hang over you, causing you to believe them as if they were the gospel truth.

What I did set out to do just over a year ago, was to walk this grief journey gracefully, relying on Jesus as my strength. I desired to share the feelings other parents may have but can’t adequately express. I felt compelled to normalize grief as a necessary emotion when dealing with loss that must not be hidden. I sought to be a compassionate heart and a listening ear to the hurting. What an exciting journey it is still taking me on!
Losing Millie was the end of so many my dreams as her mama... celebrations, events, milestones would no longer include my little girl. Starting this next phase of life is allowing me to dream and dream big again. David and I often talk about the plans we would like to see come to fruition. A few that are coming up soon is an article I wrote being published at “Her View From Home” and being asked to record another podcast about walking through the loss of Millie. Both of these are exciting opportunities that I am honored to get to share her story, but more importantly, HIS story.
I have also been exchanging ideas around with an illustrator for the children’s storybook about Millie’s Miracle. I am hoping that I will move forward in publishing it soon.
As for the book sharing Millie’s full story, I have taken another break. I feel like it is close to the editing phase, but then I get scared. Sharing that much of your heart and soul in one place, then asking someone to edit/correct/dissect it is hard. It’s like wondering if they will love your baby as much as you do. **If you think about it, please PRAY that I get inspired to finish the last few pages and take the leap of FAITH. **
There are other big dreams in the works...some will be just that—a dream. Others I will share as we get closer to them happening. There is so much beauty coming from the ashes of cancer and loss.
Now as the day draws to a close, the sun has set both in the sky and in my mind, this day goes down in my memory as a good day. Today was a day I took my little people to a lovely park and had their (late) birthday photos made in front of a beautiful waterfall. We were dressed up in church style clothes, but that didn’t stop us from wading in the creek and even having a splashing fight as we finished our photos. I also made sure to take a few photos of the children and me together. The photos I have of Millie and I are dear to my mama heart. Tonight I made sure I will have those with SJ and Little Man also.
I hope you took time to make a memory today with your loved ones. ~~Seize the Day~~
Blessings sweet friends…
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment