We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Thursday, December 24, 2020

The dread of Christmas

 Christmas Eve has arrived and so has the pit in my stomach.

Everything is ready, the food is warming, the gifts are wrapped minus that last minute straggler sitting on my desk glaring at me to hurry. I got lost for a little while in my pictures of Christmas pasts with Millie. It seems so strange that her whole life’s worth of Christmas pictures fit on 2 scrapbook pages. There are a few other photos with family members, but these are all we have of her by herself at Christmas. Four Christmases were all we got….
I started searching and searching for her 2020 Christmas photos only to realize this IS 2020 and there will be none. All I have is a single photo of the flowers placed at her grave. This makes the pit in my stomach bigger and the need for an antacid quickly coming on. I know she is having a perfect Christmas with Jesus. She doesn’t need all the tinsel and lights, presents, and foods, she has Jesus. She sees what we don’t… she knows what we don’t… she understands what don’t. She has the whole picture of a savior born in a manger, sent as salvation unto the whole world, redeeming our sins and making us white as the Christmas snows. This is the simple gift that gives me any Christmas peace.
JOY to the world! The Savior’s come! Let Earth receive her King!
Merry Christmas sweet Friends! May your Christmas Eve be filled with peace, joy, and love.
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
,。・:*:・゚☆ Hebrews 11:1 。,。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵


No comments:

Post a Comment