We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas 2020

 Merry Christmas

Today was a good day...

The weeks leading up to Christmas were so emotional. I really wasn’t sure how I would do  so we kept Christmas Eve very low key. We were able to have a yummy ham supper with my mother and oldest granddaughter. We exchanged our gifts, ate yummy dessert and they headed home. It was a good visit. I was (emotionally) exhausted and in bed by 7:30, however I did get up for a bit when the next grand babies arrived about 9. We got to give hugs, open sibling gifts and head to bed so ‘Santa’ could come.

When I woke this morning, my dining room held a big, beautiful surprise for me. My Santa snuck out to the car in the night to retrieve the garden “whirlybird” that I have been eyeing for years. He stopped in town and snuck it home. It will go in Millie’s playground garden 🪴 along with a beautiful metal butterfly for the garden. I’m so excited!

We opened our stockings at 9 am, laughed when we ran out of the “Christmas Tree” snack cakes (I could only find 1 box this year!). The adult ‘kids’ were given tree cutouts from the box instead We decided those are diet snack cakes. 

We had a breakfast brunch thanks to Santa also being a fry cook in his earlier years. He’s handy to have around. Next, we all opened our gifts rotating from youngest to oldest until the gifts ran out. The remainder of the day was spent relaxing doing a 2000(!) piece puzzle, watching Christmas movies, playing marbles and Mindcraft.

The gifts we remembered Millie by were some special ornaments for each person’s tree (I will store the kids until they marry).

Also, Millie’s jammie pants were sewn into teddy bears for the sisters. I’ve had these put back but didn’t want my kids to see them until today so there were no sneak peek pictures for you all.

May your Christmas memories be filled with Love and Joy.

。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚

I still believe in Millie’s Miracle

。・:*:・゚Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚

୨୧

#MilliesMiracle

#Forever3

#WithJesus

#Neuroblastoma

#ChildhoodCancer

No comments:

Post a Comment