We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Deepest Sorrow to Greatest Joy

 From deepest sorrows to greatest joys, today held emotions of both. Standing under a deep grey sky, I attended the memorial service for Bristol this afternoon. What a precious young lady remembered by so many with endearing stories, great love, and beautiful things bathed in pink.

I was so grateful Levy’s mama went with me for both company and support. My heart broke for Bristol’s parents as I understand all too well how they miss their girl. It was also another opportunity for me to gather with the staff, nurses, child life, and doctors from 10W, Millie’s home away from home. To once again say “thank you” for the difference they made in our lives. My heart and eyes were both full.
After we left the service, I headed to a wedding reception. This day, long overdue, was such a joyous one. This sweet couple of 6 months had their wedding interrupted by quarantine. Although they still married, they didn’t get to be celebrated until tonight. This beautiful bride is like another daughter to me. She and her siblings have grown up around us. Our families spend many holidays together. We laugh together, weep together, and do life together. I am so grateful for good friends ❤️
The highlights of my evening was little man asking me to dance with him. It was a fast song, but he said “no mom I want to dance like this”. Then he put his arms around my waist to “slow dance”. Also Daddy and I won the title of longest married on the dance floor, so the bride gave me her bouquet. Precious sweet memories 💖
For the heart to hold so many emotions in one day is amazing yet comforting too. Our sorrow will turn to joy if we keep our focus on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment