We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Monday, August 24, 2020

Joy comes in the morning

 

Today has been a full, busy day. As I drove into the city this morning, I was listening to a new podcast featuring families that have children gone on to heaven.  I can’t say “lost” for Millie is not lost.  I know right where she is.  She is where I long to go, after my days are complete here.  On the podcast today they brought up the point that happiness and joy are two different things.  Some parents feel they can never be happy again, that joy will allude them forever.  I think we have to understand the difference between happiness and joy.

It has been said that happiness is fleeting.  It comes and goes depending on how you feel.  You can be happy or sad easily in a short time. This is so true for me.  I can think “This is a really good day”, yet a few moments later my eyes well with tears and memories flood my mind.  My heart breaks all over again if only for a moment.  Happiness is very dependent on your circumstances.

Joy on the other hand is something you feel deep in your soul.  Even on days that you are sad, you still have a joy from the Lord. Tears can be rolling down my face, yet I know without a doubt that “Joy comes in the morning” Proverbs 30:5b. These are the truths that reverberate in my soul, even when my mind is unsettled.

Rick Warren adds his own definition: “Joy is the settled assurance that God is in control of all the details of my life, the quiet confidence that ultimately everything is going to be alright, and the determined choice to praise God in every situation.”  YES!  We will praise you LORD.


Today I enjoyed homeschooling the little children, finishing up a fun horse book together.  I then headed to the city to catch Miss M in a volleyball tournament.  I missed her playing but got to enjoy sitting with her while she had lunch.  I had to fast all day so I could take David’s company wellness screening for our insurance discount.  I was one HUNGRY lady!  I also had the opportunity to meet Niki Asher from The Mack Impact.  They are the organization that blessed Millie with the fishing trip.  Niki and I got to visit on and off camera about what joy they brought to our family.  I look forward to seeing what the news reporter puts together about Millie and The Mack Impact. I’ll let you know when it airs and post the link.

Finally, tonight I got the opportunity to have dinner with a dear friend.  Who can pass up a friend and Mexican food?!?  I made it home late and am ready for bed. 

~~Remember Joy comes in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment