We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

As for me and my house


 I have been meditating on complacency tonight, yet when I typed in the definition the dictionary showed another meaning than where my thoughts were headed.

“a feeling of smug or uncritical satisfaction with oneself or one's achievements

This definition seems to be about being lax or lazy with our own accomplishments.  It focuses on not wanting to try harder or go the extra mile.  I guess that is one look at complacency, but I was thinking more about complacency in my daily walk. Maybe I am thinking of the wrong word here, but when I consider being complacent, I think it is the opposite of caring or taking a stand for important things in life.  If I am complacent with my healthy eating, I tend to feel bad and gain weight.  If I am complacent with my clothing, I tend to look sloppy, wrinkled, and dirty.  Is complacent the right word?

When I go the next step and apply complacency to my actions in the world, it affects not only myself but those around me.  If I am complacent about voting and making my voice heard, then I and other conservative minded people will live under laws that do not honor the direction we feel the country should go. If I am complacent about standing up for things like being pro-life, then laws are made that go against my conscience.  There is a saying that goes “You’ve got to stand for something, or you will fall for anything”.  

We are each given free choice.  I am not telling you that you need to support what I do, but rather to know what you stand for. Do not look the other way when it is time to take a stand.  Too many things are happening in our country and our world right now that can not be ignored.  Scripture says this:

 

Revelation 3:15-16 – “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

 

This scripture calls us lukewarm.  That means we can’t or don’t make a choice to take a stand.  We are wishy washy, going with the flow.  We don’t care to do what is right, just to follow the crowd.  God forbid if this is ME!

 

Titus 1:16 – “They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient, and unfit for doing anything good.

 

I never want to be accused of ‘claiming to know God’ but not living for him.  I want my actions to line up with what I say.  I want to WALK MY TALK.

 

Luke 6:46 - "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?”

 

Isaiah 29:13 – The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honour me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught."

 

This might be the scariest of all.  People claim to love the Lord Jesus.  They act the part of being a Christian.  They attend church, sing songs, tell others they will pray for them. They do all the ‘honoring’ stuff, yet in their hearts it is a LIE.  They do not have a heart to LOVE JESUS. They worship they way they have seen done, but do not allow Jesus to be LORD of their lives.

 


Matthew 7:21-23

21 Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

As this last scripture tells us, we need to KNOW God.  We need to know his heart and we learn that in his word. We need to live by his values.  We can not be his but live by the values of the world. 

Matthew 6:24"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” 

While this verse says ‘money’ it can be applied to anything of this world.  You will choose your master, but you will not have two.  You cannot be ‘double minded’.

James 1:8 “Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.


I’ll finish tonight with the verse out of Joshua 24:15b“But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

 

Thank you for showing up each night to read how our family is doing. To hear how we are living our lives to serve the Lord. To know how to pray for us.  You are literally sharing this burden of grief with us and for that we are so grateful.  I feel so many of you are friends now.  I look for your name and comments.  I notice your profile pictures.  I enjoy hearing about your families.  Blessings to each of you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment