We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Saturday, January 1, 2022

It's a New Year

At 5:30 pm on December 31, 2021, as I drove to a friend’s house for New Years the memories of earlier New Years Eves ran through my mind.

The year I was 15 and David took me to the festival downtown to ring the new year in. Young, completely enamored by my handsome guy—who had a mullet at that age, we went with his mom and her guy to the 1990 celebration.
By the next year we had been married 6 months and were invite to attend my Mother in Law and step Father in Law’s wedding on New Years Eve 1991. We missed the wedding when they changed the time from midnight to 7 pm at the last minute, but we have sure enjoyed having him as our “dad” all these many years now.
The next celebration that I actually remember was Y2K. Everyone was so worried that the computers couldn’t start over in the new century and that the financial world would crash. We stayed home with our 3 kids, made family handprints and had a pajama party together.
There are many New Years Eves that I don’t remember. Many more years we go on to bed early knowing we will meet the next year with the rising sun. I do however remember the last three.
In 2018, we were invited to spend the evening with new friends. We met midnight wearing 2019 glasses and taking a few pictures of us together. The one of sweet Millie and daddy is always a favorite of mine.
In 2019, we were in the Emergency Room just 5 min past midnight. We met the $6000 deductible for our 2020 health care that night(early morning!). Cancer treatments are incredibly expensive. For one year of treatment, Millie’s bills topped $2.5 Million dollars. If it was not for David’s employer offering excellent insurance we would have been destitute.
New Years Eve 2020 saw a year start that Millie had never lived in. We spent it with friends, but sorely remembered we were starting a new era of life in 2021.
This year, 2022 is now upon up. I see another 365 days without my little girl. If I look hard I also see myself closer to seeing her again. Yes I am another day closer to heaven...
This new year holds promise of what is to come. It holds fear of what might happen. It holds growth, though it is often thru our pain that we grow the most. It holds opportunities that we can take or allow us to pass by. It holds dreams, disappointment s, and discouragement but also a time to use them for direction.
I don’t know if you are a planner? I am and so I’m always making lists, notes, and commitments. I don’t call them resolutions because I hate to fail at anything I have resolved to accomplish. I do however use them as a roadmap helping me travel in the direction I want to go. I plan to keep writing as I go...the good...the bad... the real and the raw.
I’m excited to share this journey with you in 2022.





Blessings sweet friends…
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵
☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
☆。・:*:・゚ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment