We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Friday, December 3, 2021

Where Will the Story Go?

 There are things I know in life…

There are areas where I have had enough life experience to not be intimidated.
Some areas I have hands on experience, while others its only book knowledge.
Like anyone else, there are things I am good at, things I am okay at, and things that I am really bad at.
One thing I KNOW is that sometimes learning new things is scary.
Like butterflies in your stomach, suck your breath out, and nervous twitches kind of scary!
I have been a wife and mother for 31 years.
I have been a grandma for 13 years.
I have homeschooled for 27 years.
I have managed my own home-based business for over 18 years.
I have volunteered in church, in homeschool groups, and at a Crisis Pregnancy Center.
I have done many things in my life---
But being a writer is fairly new to me.
I started a mommy blog years ago and only my close friends knew about it.
I took Journalism class in high school and can still remember the sting of my teacher giving me a failing grade as she told me my articles weren’t worthy.
Despite that early rejection, I started writing when Millie got sick. At first it was just to share her prayer requests. Next it was to share more about our family. Finally, it was to share about our faith. Many times, over the last few years I have been encouraged to share her story in a book. Many more times I have said I am doing just that.



For the first time this week, I shared my book with a group of Beta Readers. I know there will be suggestions and there will be edits that I have to make, but WOW—something I wrote is being read in a powerful way!
One reader wrote back that she read the entire book in one day. She shared how much Millie’s story touched her and brought tears.
A second reader texted me that it was “A powerful book! You have done an amazing job.”
Even with the positive encouragement, sharing this book is SCARY in a big way. The anticipation is exciting and yet the FEAR is great. Some days I think about how much work it is getting something published with a traditional publishing house. The querying, rejections, submissions, and so much more that I don’t even understand. The idea of rejection after rejection as people don’t see the value in Millie’s story. Doubt sets in and my mind starts whispering…
…Just self-publish the book. The people who want to read it will and those who aren’t interested will never know about it. There is less danger when your words—your story sits in the hands of those that already like you. With less exposure there is also less opportunity for disappointment and hurt.
I still haven’t decided if I am brave enough to query agents, to sell myself as an author, to trust my heart to traditional publishing. You can pray that I get firm direction as to the path I take. If you have ever published a book either traditionally or self-published, please private message me with your insight. I need all the encouragement I can get!
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵
☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
☆。・:*:・゚ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment