We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

A Brother's Love

 





Little Man came out of bed asking for me to rock him tonight. I was so tired (still am!) that I wanted to refuse but I know at 7 1/2 years old, my time to rock him is growing short.

I ask him “What’s on your mind tonight?” He answers simply, “Millie. You know mom I only have one memory of her before she got cancer”. He self corrects and adds, “at least before we knew she had it”. Such depth and perception from such a young one. He has already walked through so much in his young life. The joy and the sorrows of love and loss. The grief of missing his beat friend every single day.
Nights like tonight, I am so grateful for phones and videos and pictures and a tiny baby sister voice that pricks our memories and sometimes our tears. I enjoy seeing pictures that I think I had forgotten about. We sat and went all the way back to the picture where Millie’s two weeks old and Little man is already protecting her. As we got to the beginning (not the end) of her sweet life he was now ready to head to bed with precious memories in his mind. Now I lay here listing to her song and smiling with a full heart of joy that she was my girl and I was blessed to be her mama.
Blessings sweet friends…
☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★
I still believe in Millie’s Miracle
☆。・:*:・゚ Hebrews 11:1 。・:*:・゚☆
︵‿︵‿୨☆୧‿︵‿︵

No comments:

Post a Comment