We prayed for a miracle which God granted in heaven. Daily we walk the path of grief, ever leaning on Jesus for our comfort. Until we meet again Millie, always remember you are forever loved and missed!

Monday, August 17, 2020

If you're Alive and Breathing...

 


Sometimes my Joy comes printed on paper, but it leaves me breathless to see it. Today I went and picked up a folder filled with papers. On each paper was my precious girl’s name “Amelia Joy Mount”, her birth date,and her death date. Today, I picked up her death certificates.

I honestly don’t know how holding those papers can leave me breathless with tears rolling down my cheeks, but it did. I stood at 7-11 pumping my gas and crying. Sometimes these waves of grief hit when I least expect it. It’s a hard enemy to battle. It sneaks in and sucker punches me without giving me any time to respond.

An excerpt from the song “Alive and Breathing” helps me refocus.

“Joy still comes in the morning
Hope still walks with the hurting
If you're still alive and breathing
Praise the Lord
Don't stop dancing and dreaming
There's still good news worth repeating
So lift your head and keep singing
Praise the Lord
Let everything, let everything, let everything
Praise the Lord
In the working, in the waiting
Praise the Lord
In the blessing, in the breaking
C'mon praise the Lord
In the dying, the rising
Let it praise the Lord
Let it praise the Lord
Praise the Lord”


No comments:

Post a Comment